Your Safety

Full Width Image -

Rented Accommodation

If you live in rented accommodation, or if you are a landlord, the Scottish Government has some additional information that you should read.

A tenant has the right that their home is kept safe and secure. Private landlords have a legal and contractual obligations to ensure that a property meets a minimum physical standard. Landlords must provide a smoke alarm on each floor and a carbon monoxide alarm in any room with a solid fuel burning appliance, such as a coal fire or a wood burning stove. Furniture must also be fire safe.

Information for landlords and tenants are available on the Scottish Government’s website

For more safety information