The Scottish Fire and Rescue Service is hosting a series of dedicated online information sessions about operational and non-operational roles.
Director of People and Organisational Development, Liz Barnes, said: “As an equal opportunities employer, we strive to ensure our workforce represents the communities we work in.
“We want to reach out to diverse groups. This can help increase the number of applicants, which means that we will get the best candidates applying for the right job.”
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, the information sessions moved online in October 2020.
Liz continued: “During the sessions, we’ll aim to answer questions about the range of careers available in the service and how you can apply for these roles.
“It’s also important for us to discuss any challenges you feel there are and how we may assist in overcoming these.”
Places are limited however, there will be a holding list for future events.
Follow the Scottish Fire and Rescue Service on Eventbrite to be notified when tickets become available: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/o/scottish-fire-and-rescue-service-29812816039
Date - Targeted group
- Thursday 20 May 2021, 6pm – 8pm - Ethnic minorities
- Thursday 3 June 2021, 6pm – 8pm - Women
- Thursday 5 August 2021 - Women
- Thursday 12 August 2021 - LGBT+
- Thursday 26 August 2021 - Ethnic minorities
- Thursday 9 September 2021 - Women
- Saturday 25 September 2021 - LGBT+
- Thursday 7 October 2021 - Ethnic minorities
- Saturday 29 January 2022 - Ethnic minorities
- Thursday 10 February 2022 - LGBT+
- Saturday 5 March 2022 - Women